Treasures for body and mind

18 April, 2013

A Gold Parure- Lot 22

I have never seen a set like this.  From the Christie's New York Magnificent Jewels and The Princie Diamond auction, April 16 2013. 

LOT 22 - An antique gold parure. Comprising a sculpted gold necklace of foliate motif; two bracelets, a brooch, a pair of ear pendants and a tiara en suite, circa 1830, necklace 17.5in, bracelets 7in, with French assay marks, French importation marks and maker's marks, in a red leather fitted case. Estimate: US$10,000-$15,000.  Thanks to Christie's for the original image and to The Jewelry Editor.


It's the whole set- the whole thing!  From tiara to belt buckle!  In the original box!  And if anyone made a snarky comment about "matchy-matchy," you know it would be their envy talking. 

Want another look?  You bet!  I could look at this all day.  (That's why I'll never win the lottery- I would blow it all on something like this and spend all of my time staring at it, calling it "my precious.")   [Update:  Sold for $13,750.]

No comments: