Treasures for body and mind

15 April, 2013

Purple Perfection

David Webb usually makes me feel "meh."  That is, until I saw this amethyst, diamond, and emerald bracelet up for auction at Christie's on the 16th.  Then I almost passed out.   


Everything about this is perfect- the colors, the manes becoming scales, the shapes of the eyes and ears, the ropes on the horses' harnesses- gorgeous.  Even the carved Indian emeralds on the harnesses are perfect, and I usually do not like those in high jewelry.  All of this shows that true artistry creates exceptions to everything.

Stand by for more Christie's gorgeousness this week...there are some jaw droppers on the block on Tuesday!  Thanks to From the Eyes of Purple who repinned jewelsdejour.com.

I hope whoever gets this beautiful thing will love it as much as I would have...

No comments: